A Self-Care Sunday

Happy Monday. I had a mostly very lovely weekend and I closed it out on Sunday night with some really grounding self-care practices. I thought I’d share them with you and maybe encourage you to give yourself some time to center yourself at the start of this new week. <3

In honor of autumn and attempting to hate my apartment less, I bought myself a lovely pot of rust-colored flowers.

20131007-102320.jpg

Also in an effort to make the apartment more bearable, I did some other light fall-themed decorating:

20131007-102447.jpg

After teaching a yoga class, I refueled with some ginger, beet, carrot, kale juice. I love getting that juice-buzz, especially when it has a spicy ginger kick.

20131007-102327.jpg

I listened to music while I did a ton of food prep for the week. Chopping vegetables is such a zen activity for me. I feel so peaceful during food prep.

20131007-102437.jpg

Do you have any Sunday self-care practices?

8 thoughts on “A Self-Care Sunday

Very color-coordinated post :) It is really, really important to make a house a home! Looks like you’ve done some nice work to that end – I have a fall colored cloth draped over a side table with some leaves and crab apples and a tiny pumpkin, much like you.
    Cooking and chopping can be zen for me but the more comforting part of it is the smells that begin to emanate :)
    Sundays are definitely self care days. I usually try to do a small skin routine and read a lot. Just calm, quiet stuff. Often burn incense and just lie down…ha. Have a great week, Raechel!

Your Sunday sounds a lot like my Saturday. I was in dire need of some self-care. After a sweaty workout to clear out some rage (aka date from hell), I spent a lot of time outside and cleaned. I also treated myself to a half-hour reflexology massage to draw out even more emotional toxins. It felt so good. I totally agree about the grounding effect of cooking and chopping—that’s on my list of things I want to make extra time for this week.

I am definitely planning on treating myself to either a massage or facial in the next couple weeks. I haven’t done anything like that since I moved, and I feel like I have a lot of emotional toxicity to get rid of! Sounds like you did all the right things to bounce back from the bad date. On to better things!

3. Kathleen says:

What a gorgeous juice! I love that deep red color! <3 One thing I like to do is put on some favorite music and just sing to my heart's content — it helps me relax and just have fun. :)

Honestly, lately my self care practices have been reduced to attempting to get an 8 hour sleep in every once in a while and showering. It’s mighty sad! You’ve inspired me though, I need to start doing more things just for me :)

I hate that I am not getting 8 hours of sleep regularly anymore. I was lucky enough to be able to get a full 8 hours pretty much every single night with my schedule last year, but this new school year/new job has meant a lot of 6 hour nights. No bueno. But I do hope you make more time for yourself! <3