Ginger Berry Smoothie (& weekend snapshots)

Happy Monday everyone! I had a truly beautiful weekend at my friend’s wedding in Wisconsin (pictures below). And the bride, thoughtful woman that she is, even made sure that us vegans were properly fed the entire weekend! (What a gal!)

I obviously wasn’t doing much of my own food prep the last few days, but this smoothie recipe is something I had waiting in the wings to share with you all. It’s simple, but absolutely delicious. I can’t get enough of raw ginger in smoothies these days!

20130421-211302.jpg

Ginger Berry Smoothie

1/2 cup frozen mango

1/2 banana

1/2 c frozen berries

3/4 c coconut water (or filtered water)

1-2 inch knob of ginger

handful baby spinach

scoop protein powder (optional)

Put all ingredients into a blender. Blend. Enjoy!

20130421-211315.jpg

And in case you wanted a look into some of the weekend’s captured moments:

20130421-211328.jpg

20130421-211342.jpg

20130421-211409.jpg

20130421-211358.jpg

<3 <3 <3

How was your weekend?

15 thoughts on “Ginger Berry Smoothie (& weekend snapshots)

1. Kibby says:

Raechel, It looks like you had a fantastic time! You look so pretty with your special man and with girlfriends. LOVE the smoothie! I have a very busy day and this little gem will work wonders. My weekend was great too. XO

I am dying over here without my blender! I wanted to make a smoothie so badly this morning, and now I miss it even more! The smoothie sound delicious; fresh ginger is incredible in pretty much anything.
    my weekend was great as well: a zine fest, lots of food prep, a nice dude, new CDs….fun times. The wedding looks like a lot of fun. I haven’t been to many.

Oh dear, being blenderless would be the absolute pits!

Yr weekend sounds fantastic! I haven’t been to a zine fest in a long time, sadly. What new CDs are you rocking right now?

It’s really yummy! And, Jess, I have you to thank for the dress I’m wearing. When you posted that Ann Taylor had a petites section, I immediately went online shopping. So nice to not have to take in/hem a dress!

3. Natalia says:

Ginger in smoothies is a revolutionary thing.
    LOVE the pic of you and your man – you’re gorgeous! (cool tatt btw!! I’d love one, but can’t decide what to get…)

Aw, thank you! I love all my tattoos, even the ones I got when I was 17! As my cousin says (and also has tattooed on her arm): “Everything leaves a mark.” Point being, yes, it’s important to put thought into what you get, but at the same time, it will tell a story about what you were about and who you were at a certain point in your life. I have no regrets, and am a big tattoo advocate. : )